Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's really impossible to realize we have been married 47 years. What an amazing life we've had. There is no way I could have predicted such joy. So many children, and all the incredible grand children. Way back when I was dating, I remember feeling sorry for 'old married people', who didn't look like they were having any fun, and definitely looked OLD.

It's funny how perspective changes with age and some wisdom. John is lying here next to me (snoring away). He said he "couldn't go to sleep" so was hoping for my magical, sleep inducing, back scratches. He actually fell asleep just being here with me at the laptop. How I love that man! How blessed I feel to have been together all these years. We have so many treasured memories. We're both thinking along the same line: preserving some of those moments. He is hoping to start putting together some DVDs from all our family pictures and movies. I just want to get some more scrap booking done along with journal keeping, in the form of all the journals I've already finished, plus the notes with my scrap books and now, the blog. Thank you, again, Mark and Sara.

This past month or so, have been spent keeping up with the house, reorganizing my bedroom office and closet; and most recently, the kitchen and all the scrap book supplies. I'm nearly finished with that and will finally tackle the game room next. Yes, Spencer, I will find the pool table. Then I'm really hoping to get back to some sewing and embroidery. Our scrapbook "walls" in the hallways need my attention as well. You know, I thought of something I could use help with: all of our family scrapbooks that are "before the archival" quality need to be redone. How I would love it if any of you wanted to help with those.

Bobby is coming this week. I'm so excited to have him help me with my new laptop so I can really organize all my photos and include more of them on this blog. Joel and John gave me a blessing today. I have had a growing concern for a walnut sized lump in my throat that Dr. Bitter thought was just a clogged salivary gland. My dentist ruled that out and sent me to the oral surgeon, who is in turn sending me to a neck/throat surgeon. With each new referral, my concern has grown, hoping the final referral would NOT be to an oncoligist! It will be all right.

3 comments:

  1. Great post! Happy anniversary. I will keep you in my prayers. I put our family's names in at the temple yesterday. I started doing individuals, and then I decided to just write "Ward Family" cause we can all use the extra help. I went thinking specifically about the house we're buying and I feel good about it. : ) ILY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your posts! They are so refreshing! Congratulations on your 47th anniversary! Congratulations to John's brother and his wife on their new assignment! We saw that in this past weeks Church News. Let's hope the lump in your throat is just that 'lump of love' for all your family! You'll be in our prayers and all will be well! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara and I looked at some of those old scrapbooks and had a blast seeing how goofy and young everyone was (yes, I said "was"). Do you want to bring them to us when you visit St George later this month. Or we can do it when we visit this Summer. We can also consider scanning them and sending everyone a digital copy. Let us know what the doctors say. We love you.

    ReplyDelete